Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thank you Kristin! For totally getting me addicted to The Pioneer Woman. Her stories are funny, earthly and I can downright relate. Her photography is... stunning and I'm completely intrigued with life on a working ranch. Hey Ree... can I come visit?

Anyhoo... the focus of this blog is a quote from the telling how how she met her "Marlboro Man", and I'm posting it here to remember, but it is exactly how I feel sometimes and her expression of words hits it on the spot.

You know when you’re not okay, but then someone asks you if you’re okay, and you say you’re okay and act like you’re okay, but then you start realizing you’re not okay? Then you feel your nose start to tingle and your throat start to swell and your chin start to quiver and you tell yourself “Ree, in the name of all that is good and holy, do not do this. Do not do this…” but you’re powerless to stop it? Then you try to blink it away and you think you’ve just about got it under control, but then the cowboy standing in front of you smiles gently and says, You sure?

Of course mine is minus the cowboy. (Looks thoughtful)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

About time you read it!!!!